NORTH ROCKS SHOPPING CENTRE
Retail & Commercial Development
Philip Jones – Project Leader
REFURBISHMENT & EXTENSION OF KEY RETAIL ASSET
North Rocks Shopping Centre is one of the largest sub-regional shopping centres in North-Western Sydney. Covering a thriving main trade population of over 160,000, this shopping centre enjoys direct visibility and easy access from North Rocks Road, next to the M2 motorway, providing a welcoming and convenient shopping experience for locals and visitors alike.
Anchored by a strongly performing full line Coles, with Aldi, Kmart, TK Maxx, Anytime Fitness, and over 70 specialty shops, your business will thrive in this centre which offers significant foot traffic through the entire shopping mall.
KEY PROJECT DETAILS
With prior experience with North Rocks Shopping Centre through previous owners Scentre Group, MPN was invited to deliver structural design and engineering services as part of the modification and refurbishment of the centre over several projects. The main redevelopment and expansion, relocating Coles supermarket picked up a NSW Masters Builders Association Excellence in Construction Award for Retail projects $25M-$40M category.
The upgrades included:
- New multilevel structure to the south-west comprising a new Coles supermarket, expanding rooftop car parking above and on grade parking below at Basement Level.
- The new expansion was seamlessly connected to the existing building with new basement and rooftop lobbies connecting three floors via new lifts and travelators
- A new swimming pool was constructed in the basements for long standing learning swim centre – Aquatics Down Under
- Alterations to eastern tenancies, expanding Aldi supermarket and opening a new Anytime Fitness centre (Builder: PrimeBuild).
- Alterations to the north-west to introduce TK-Maxx and a new external dining area.
- Upgrade and revamp to the northern outdoor dining precinct with a new steel & timber canopy (Builder: SMLXL)