This role predominately requires the incumbent to:
- Contribute to the design of a variety of building projects from small to large. Including detailed calculations, analysis models, sketch drawings and details.
- Work closely with other engineers and drafters within the office to develop design documentation and provide consultant advice to clients.
- Conduct site inspections to monitor construction compliance or to provide structural engineering reports on existing structures.
- Collaborate with clients, architects, contractors, builders and fellow engineers to provide structural engineering design / advice.
- Project management of smaller projects under senior supervision.
- Work independently from home. MPN currently have Work From Home (WFH) arrangements. A junior would be expected to start in the office 2-3 days a week for development and supervision and until proven to work independently from home.
- Detailed Concrete design; both post-tension and conventionally reinforced slabs, columns, footings and retention systems, precast, etc.
- Steel and timber structural design
- Structural Design with mid/high rise residential and commercial projects
- Analysis and design using relevant software (e.g. Etabs, RC Building, Strand 7, Micro-Stran, Rapt, RAM Concepts will be beneficial).
- Thorough knowledge of Building Code and Australian Standards.
- Proven background of projects from start to finish.
- Microsoft Office suite of products (essential), particularly excel & word.
- Strong verbal and written communication/ presentation skills (essential)
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (BE) with good University marks in structural engineering subjects
- MIEAust and CPEng (beneficial)
- Excellent English, with strong written and verbal communication skills and client liaison capability
- Minimum two years’ local experience (is a must), in a professional business environment in a similar role.
- Innovative, adaptable, and self-driven with a positive “Can do” attitude, with the ability to take initiative, be resourceful, think for yourself, and take action
- Friendly, personable, and approachable, who likes to meet and work with a variety of people
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team
- Exceptional planning & time management skills and are proactive in seeking solutions
- Full working rights in Australia, with 2-10 years local experience
- Australian drivers licence and vehicle available for travel between project sites
Only candidates with a suitable application will be contacted. We take this opportunity of thanking you in advance for taking the time to submit your details for consideration.
To apply please complete the form on this page. Remember to attach your CV in the correct format and use the message area for your covering note.